I got to workin on the BSA last weekend and thought I was making some progress.
I found a bunch of parts that all looked like they belonged together and so I cleaned them up and started assembly. It soon became obvious I was missing something. A close inspection of the above pic will make it clear whats missing.
I'll make it easier for you.
I'm missing 20 bearings that should be supporting the clutch basket. I can't find them anywhere but I'll make one more lap around the shop just to be sure. I took this apart some time in the 1990's and I don't remember the disassembly in detail but I can see that it would be easy to pull this apart and have the bearings all hit the ground. What I may have done with them if I even found them all is uncertain.
For now the plan is to take a look at what other parts I may need to finish assembly of the engine before I place an order for old Brit parts.
I suppose I could move on to other parts of the bike assembly. I'll keep you posted.