Saturday, August 18, 2018

Cheesecake or Another Beer?

That was the question asked of me by a waitress tonight. I told her I'd make room for both. Ya know, if I had Trumps money you'd find me on the road every day. I like covering a lot of ground every day, seeing the sights and sampling the local cuisine.
Today is day one of my bike vacation. I covered about 550 miles and despite question whether or not I was in shape for this ride, I did alright. Oh sure the title of this post should have been "my left ass cheek is killing me" but that pain eases up quick after a few adult refreshments.
The bike ran good today. I pushed it hard and got shitty gas mileage in the 30's. The temps were just about 90 and for the first time in a long time I heard the radiator fans running on the big Ultra. My new clutch seems ok, the new battery cranks great even on hot restarts. The new front tire is another story. It's an American Elite but different thread pattern than the original. It feels weird. Squirrely maybe. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
I'm gonna finish out the night by investigating the rumor of warm cookies in the lobby then watching "The Outlaw Jose Wales" till I fall asleep.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment