Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Thats A Wrap

...For my riding season. The forecast was for cold and snow and that's what we got. This pic was a couple weeks ago before that snow and on the day I moved these two into the house. We ended up getting two inches of snow.


 Prepping the Rat turd was a matter of draining the gas then adding some canned fuel. I ran it for a bit on the canned stuff and then drained that. I then ran it again till it died and removed the lawn mower battery from the saddlebag. I couldn't remember if I installed that battery because my charging system failed or the stock battery just died, and I forgot to test it. Grrr.
 I didn't do anything to the sporty but push it into the living room. There's no fuel tank on it anyway and the bike didn't run all year so I'm sure the carb is dry or gummy. Either way it won't leak in the house. I feel this bike needs to morph into something a bit different but I haven't been inspired yet. At least with it sitting in the house I can gaze at it and try to figure it out. Even if I just make it road worthy for next year it will need a battery, clutch cable, headlight, turn signals, the fuel tank and seat. I can't remember if I upgraded the power switch yet so that goes on the list too.


 Most of the snow has melted already but they had salted the streets so the bikes won't see the road till spring. That seems like a really really long way away.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment