Sunday, November 4, 2018

Random Rat

 Every so often you're out minding your own business and then right before your eyes is a vision of beauty. I be like...


 What I saw was a rat bike but upon closer examination this bike is only a rat in the sense that I'm not sure what other category to put it in. If you mix steampunk, rat bike, art and imagination you end up with Rodney Millers build.






 What your looking at, and I'll probably mess some of this up, is modified Kawasaki running gear surrounding a Kubota diesel engine and honda transmission. If you look close you'll see there is very little stock anything on here. Some of the features include a frame tube exhaust system, custom rear swing arm and suspension, and a coffee pot headlight housing.
 I think Rodney said he had seven months time invested in this ride. If so, I don't think he did much else in his free time but work on his creation. And as usual, he claims its not done yet. I heard some talk of a turbocharger.
 The bike hasn't been to any shows yet so if you see it out there next year take some time to check it out and make sure you talk to the builder. The stories that go along with these builds are always the best part and I understand the state inspection was quite interesting.

Later.






2 comments:

  1. Very cool build. I hope it makes other appearances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured because he hasn't taken it to a show yet that a teaser was good enough for now.

    ReplyDelete