Sunday, March 3, 2019

Going Backwards

 It looks like the end of December was the last time I reported to you about practicing painting flames. It had been so long that I had to go back in the blog and look it up. A couple weekends ago I took a few moments to give it another shot and the results make me think I'm going backwards with this project. I have a few ideas floating around upstairs but they seem to look like ass when applied to a tank. This time I wanted to add blue and green to the mix just to see how it would look.


 I don't even know what I was thinking here but I know it didn't work.


 This blend of red, orange and yellow starting from the bottom of the pic and working up may be useful later on. I guess I just wanted to see if it would work.


 Creating layers is easy enough but I need to work on some 3d depth where a lower layer comes forward through the upper layers. To be honest I haven't thought much about how to do that. I think the problem is that I don't start with much of a plan and actually at this early stage thats fine because I really need to learn what can be done before trying to tie it all together. What I really need is to start practicing more regularly. We'll see.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment