Monday, August 19, 2019

Chillin

Yesterday I made a quick post mostly just to check in. I suppose a vacation means different things to each of us. Some jam as much into the time available and others lay on a beach and chill.  I'm somewhere in the middle. There's riding and dining to be done but I also like the quiet time when I don't do Jack shit. I have a very loose schedule with enough voids in it to make it a vacation.
 Today J.T. and I played tourist in Cherokee for a short time then got on the Blue Ridge Parkway and headed to the Pisgah Inn. We made a few stops and enjoyed the scenery that the area offers.

We then rode on to the Inn and met Dan and BillT for lunch. The Pisgah Inn offers a beautiful view while dining and we noticed a storm rolling in. The decision was made to get on the bikes and stay in front of it. We failed miserably.  The hour ride was almost all rain and also some fog. The limited visibility slowed us down but we never stopped. Upon arrival in Maggie Valley we found Frank waiting for us at the motel. We'll make a beer run then park the bikes for the night. The rest of the evening will be old friends cat thing up.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment