I've got the sportster back on the road. In an effort to make the bike less appealing to gremlins I replaced the clutch, installed new wheel bearings, rear brake pads and new tires. I did a few other little things like adding a power port and Progressive rear shocks. I still need to sort out an electrical issue that popped up yesterday. My fuel gauge quit working. No big deal as I haven't had a working fuel gauge in over ten years. Now that I think of it, the gauge doesn't work in my car either.
Yesterday I rode about 300 miles. The bike held up well and nothing fell off. Actually the bike held up better than I did. I got home after dark but was only dressed for the warm sunny weather I was exposed to when I left. The part of me that wants to just throw a leg and ride won over common sense.
A short part of yesterdays ride included a stretch that follows along a river. The bugs were thick.
My "to do" list is getting shorter. I still need to do the most important thing and thats to assemble a tool kit for the bike.
In other news, our daughter Squag is back home from her hike on the Appalacian trail. She had a good time. So far the stories I've heard can be categorized into "bears" "snakes" and "spiders". I'll try to get her to share some stories on this blog.