Sunday, April 24, 2016

Bacon

 I was working in the garage last week putting some new bars on the Ultra when my wife walked in with a bacon snack. I submit to you, it don't get any better than this. Motorcycles and bacon!

 I'm smiling on the inside. Really. It was my first selfie with the new Samsung s7 Edge and I was reading the different functions on the screen when I hit the shutter.

 The other day I rolled the Rat Turd out of the house and put some fuel in it. The fuel leaked onto the ground. At first I thought the float was sticking on one carb but after disassembly and cleaning, it turns out the problem is bigger than that. I'll have to pull the bank of four carbs apart and try to find a leak in the fuel connector pipe that is pressed in between the middle two carbs. I've had those carbs off so many times I bet I can do it blind folded and I might just try that to take some of the monotony out of the task.
 Two posts ago I mentioned the frame on the sportster was holding up well where it had been welded. I inspect this area regularly and it appears to have cracked again. I'll probably just weld it and run it for the summer. Actually, as soon as I get out on the Ultra, the sporty will have served its "rat bike, salt on the road" purpose for the season. I know what I have there and that bike may be a winter project for next year...provided I actually finish the BSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment