Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas!

 When I was a kid we always went to grandparents homes for Christmas. As a kid it was something I could plan on each year. It was also the one time a year I saw my cousins, aunts and uncles. Since my grandparents have passed on I haven't seen any of those relatives. I barely remember all their names and I certainly couldn't pick them out of a lineup. I'm not sure why I mention it, it was just something that crossed my mind as I reflect on Christmas past. In later years we went to our parents homes for the holiday. The size of the group was smaller but the magic of the holiday was the same. At some point the celebration came to our house. This went on for a long time but times they are a changin. Our oldest daughter is hosting the family gathering today. The group is smaller still but that really doesn't change anything. It's nice to have the family get together, no matter where we do it.


 Our house will be empty for Christmas. We didn't set up a tree or decorate. I wanted to stage a pic for todays blog so yesterday I went in the basement looking for something to hang on the Rat Turd. At first I saw a red and white scarf that looked kinda festive till I stretched it out and realized it said "One Direction". WTF? The kids aren't here but their crap still is. I dug a little deeper and found this bear. He'll have to hold down the fort till we get back.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the smaller every year thing, Alicia and I had a couple of hour visit from Dan jr. and grandDaughter Lexi.

    ReplyDelete