Sunday, June 16, 2019

Fischer Family Reunion

Technology has failed me today. This post comes to you late and without pics...unless one of the other many attempts made to publish it come through. 

I find myself waking up in a hotel room a couple hours from home. Sure we could have drove home last night but it was a long day and the older I get the more I appreciate a full nights sleep. 

The reason we were out of town was a family reunion on my wife's side. Some of these people see each other all the time, some just at wedding's and funerals. Others have been out of state for a long time. The emotions were flowing for some and a lot of hugs were exchanged.  That's really what a reunion is about, right?  Me, I'm not an outsider but I didnt know all these people in my youth so it's not the same. I did get to see some of my kids which was a nice Father's Day gift for me. 
The event was held on a beautiful piece of property complete with a log cabin and pond. I could get used to a place like that and I feel the location really was an important part of why people had a good time. Some even camped overnight including Chayse and Alaura who pedaled bikes 45 miles to get there. I don't remember ever having that kind of energy.  A personal highlight for me was when my cornhole sugar momma Karen and I kicked ass in bags, beating two of my daughters. Those kids thrive on beating me at games and I deny them whenever I can, and yesterday  I could. 
Happy Father's Day!
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment