Sunday, July 26, 2020

Garage Makeover Part 6-Floor Paint

 Last Sunday I showed you that I was grinding the concrete floor in my garage in preparation for paint. My main concern was degreasing and the goal never was to have a mirror finish. I was afraid if I made the floor too smooth that it would be slippery. In fact when the grinder was leaving swirl marks in the concrete I was happy about it.  The big holes and pitting from salt damage were what I was trying to clean up and my resurfacing compound and the floor grinding did a decent job of repairing that.


  If I had to do it over again the only change would be to use more paint. Not to cover things up better but to get better coverage. Its all in the video:


Later.

2 comments:

  1. Looking pretty good in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm fine with it and I'm glad I decided to stretch what paint I had rather than part with more money. After all, its just a garage floor.

    ReplyDelete