Sunday, September 27, 2020

Triple Rack 8 Month Review

  You've been force fed a lot of DIY videos on this blog lately and unfortunately its just been that kind of a year for me. Not that tidying things up at the homestead is a bad thing, its just that I'd rather be posting video from the bike or workshop. Come to think of it, the videos I think are ok aren't that great either. Oh well.



 Back in February I posted some pics of an idea and some recycled steel I was salvaging for this build. By the end of the month I was using the cabinet.

 This cabinet I call the Triple Rack has been great! For me this storage solution is something I wish I had a long time ago. I don't have a huge amount of tools but what I do have is now organized and easily accessible. Thats important because I stand next to and work directly out of this box. That means usually when I pick a tool and use it, the tool is returned back to the box. This is in contrast to the guy that puts a days worth of tools back at the end of his shift or the guy working out of a tool cart. Its all about efficiency and this system works for me.

Check it out:


Later.

2 comments:

  1. I’ve always been one of those “wipe things down and put away at the end of the day” kind of guy. That tool rack does look very useful. Do you use it more for frequently used tools or less used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little of both. Its organized more by "what fits". Spray cans are used daily and so are the power tools but specialty bits and pry bars not so much. Now that I'm past the idea stage and actually using it I think about how I might arrange it differently. One of my original goals was to hang test leads in the rack. Somewhere along the way I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete