The sportster is still in my shop on the lift. I finally got around to putting a new Energy One clutch in it. The wait was my need for a clutch spring compressor tool. Having never replaced a Harley clutch, I didn't know what I needed. Finally I went online a found the answer.
Part of the install process involves pre-soaking the friction discs in the oil that they will run in. Energy One recommends using B&M Trick Shift, so thats what I got. I know this is just some fancy type F transmission fluid but I didn't know they dyed it blue.
So I still have to paint the primary cover and button things back up with new gaskets and seals. Later when I pull the bike back outside I'll adjust the clutch. Before that happens I need to pick up some other parts like wheel bearings, shocks and a few more maintenance items. I want to eliminate any potential problems that could ruin my vacation next month.
Thats all for now.