Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sunday Afternoon

 After the football game on Sunday my wife and I decided to go for a bike ride. What we couldn't decide on was where to go. With absolutely no destination in mind, I just started riding. Northwest seemed like a good idea. Back roads are in abundance in this direction and I just kept connecting quiet roads while we enjoyed the sunshine.
 At one point we passed through Mt Morris and went up to the county park which is on higher ground.


 I made good use of my selfie stick and caught an image of us getting ready to gear up and move on. As we passed through the small towns that dot the landscape, I was wondering how some of the footage I was capturing with the GoPro could be used in this blog. One idea was to do a two minute video on some of these places. Actually, I'd need a lot of filler footage to make two full minutes in many of these tiny towns. Anyway, each of these places has its own claim to fame...no matter how small.
 Saxeville is a spec on the map that we rolled through and I have a short piece of footage showing its main attraction.

 Its not much but its also something you don't see everyday. Later in the ride I saw a red squirrel and a big round bale of hay dressed up as a turkey. Nothing too exciting and I'm alright with that. It's really just about getting out and enjoying the ride.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment