Sunday, May 27, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend

 If you're celebrating Memorial Day this weekend, why not take a minute to think about the meaning of the holiday. Too many people just take advantage of the time off and don't even know what its about. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

 Yesterday I had to work. The store was busy. People needed their landscape supplies to complete their Honey-Do lists and they needed parts for their lawn equipment. We're also a rental center and with the great weather a lot of equipment went out.
 Great weather? We reached record highs and will again today. It was really only great weather in the fact that it was sunny and didn't rain. The heat and humidity really kinda sucked and my Duluth Trading Buck Naked boxers had a hard time meeting the challenge butt in the end held up well.
 When I got home it was time to do some more of that yard work I started telling you about last time. A small tree had to be cut down and I wanted to load it in the back of my Dodge. Old Blue ain't run in a while and the battery was dead. It took all the extension cords I had to get the battery charger to the spot in the drive where it was parked. Once started, it wouldn't keep running. I think the idle air control unit is on the fritz because it wouldn't stay running on its own. This was frustrating as I was trying to back a trailer into a small space in the back yard. Later after the trailer was in place and the branches were loaded, the truck wouldn't start again and I was further away from my max extension cord length than before. Its frustrating when you have to spend time dicking around with shit that isn't getting the actual task at hand completed. Rant over.


 Last night might have been a perfect warm night for a dinner ride but I was just beat. We ordered in food and my wife even made the beer run for me. What a gal.



 Todays plans include a breakfast run, bike wash and day ride. Its gonna be hot but it should be a relaxing, care free day.
 Be safe out there.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. that micro jump start pack i showed you is handy as h e double toothpicks for a situation like you had with big blue
    maybee with all that OT money.....?

    ReplyDelete