Sunday, April 28, 2019

Bathroom Remodel Progress Report

 I realize bathroom updates of any kind aren't very interesting but this is what I've been up to so this is what I blog about. I started this project with the shower because I had to paint the tub from green to white. I installed tub surround panels and had the notion they would be unseen with the shower doors closed.


 I was right about that and am happy with the results.


 Except for caulking the seams, that part of the project is done. We went with a one piece shower head panel instead of a traditional faucet. This thing has eight adjustable jets and I'm hopeful that city water pressure will give them enough blast to put some heat on my lower back first thing in the morning. Right now I have to do this weird thing where I bend over in a stand up shower stall and try to get hot water to relieve the pain. Ya I know, too much information.
 At first I was worried that this type of shower panel would need a master plumber to hook up. I was way wrong about that.


 The back side of the panel has a lot going on but its just two screw-on fittings that I needed to concern myself with. They actually matched up to what I already had in the wall. Two brackets get screwed to the wall and it just hangs there. I did caulk around the top and sides, partially to keep water from passing through the wall where the hoses pass and partially to hold the entire unit on the brackets.
 I stripped the toilet and sink from the room and discovered some writing on the back of the sink.


 Looks like this had a nice forty five year run before we came along and decide it had to go. Now that the room is bare I am working on lifting the tile on the floor. Its not a bad job in the open areas but this little closet proved to be a challenge.


Thats all for now. After the tile is up I'll work on plaster and paint.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment