Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Cleaning The Shop

 Thats how I spent my day off. With so much going on lately I just haven't had the time to get organized so with an entire day off I decided to get started on reorganizing my work space. Part of the goal is to create space in the greenhouse for two bikes to over winter. I have that greenhouse completely empty now except for a washer and dryer. As long as I don't fill it up with other crap I'll be ok. Actually there might even be enough room to add another bike to the fleet. Ya hear that honey?
 Shelves, shelves and more shelves. Stuff needs to go somewhere and shelves work the best.


 This wall is a mess. I just keep creating flat spaces for "stuff" but end up wasting a lot of space in the process. The room is only so big and I need to make the best use of every square inch.


 The first step is moving crap out. Don't look in my garage right now, its a messy staging area.


 I should be able to tidy up a bunch of crap with these deep shelves.


Thats it for now. I went to work Tuesday and lost motivation. Maybe tonight I'll have more ambition to push on. The thing I have a problem with is getting rid of stuff. I know damn well if I throw it out I'll be looking for it in a week. That might be because I've brought it to light and am again aware of an items existence in  my shop. Another thing I'm having trouble with is throwing out stuff that I've had a long time, even if its junk or something I don't use. One example is a small boom box I bought about 40 years ago while I was in basic training at Fort Benning. Its one of those dual cassette jobs with a cd player. I had some army income and bought something I'd had my eye on. I've kept it all these years and it just keeps getting shuffled around. The antenna seems to keep getting broken and I've fixed it a few times and to be honest I think that the fm receiver is the only thing that still works. I'm sure theres some deep psychological issues to be explored here but the bottom line is that there are some things I'm just not ready to throw out yet. I've got borderline hoarders syndrome, despite the fact that a cleaner work space makes me happy.
 Oh the struggles of cleaning the shop.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Every year I threaten to clean all the crap out the workshop, but it usually just involves moving most of it from one side to the other. At least that way it's half clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these years I'll actually throw a bunch of it away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about that time. Maybe next week......

    ReplyDelete