Sunday, September 29, 2019

More Ambition Than Last Weekend

 Last weekend I didn't do a damn thing. Nothing, unless you count watching football as doing something. This weekend I was somewhat more productive, starting out the morning by cutting and bending some flashing for some window trim. It was a small project I've been putting off for a while now. Another little project I addressed was a downspout on the garage that needed some tweaking. That project was followed up by cleaning gutters and trimming some tree branches. Later I raked up some walnuts while a squirrel threw nuts at me from above. On one hand I was a little pissy that he was playing bombardier and I was the target. On the other hand he was helping speed up the natural process of getting those nuts out of the tree.
 My self appointed reward for getting those tasks off the to do list was to go for a bike ride. I'd only been on a short test ride since the new water pump and compensator so a longer ride was in order. The first stop I made during the ride was to check up on some automowers we have mowing a 5 acre property. One of them is showing signs of a bad wheel motor and the on-board diagnostics backs that up. I put the machine back in to operation only to have it fail a few hours later. I went back later with the big ass station wagon and picked it up. I'll fix it Monday.
 Next I decided to stop by the golden arches for a sandwich. I was sitting at a booth with my back to a booth full of teenage girls. My wife and I raised three girls and never have they been such airheads as these rocket scientists sitting behind me. Basically I felt the fate of the world slipping away.
 I was still in the next town over and really hadn't got out on the back roads for this ride yet when I saw Tractor Supply. I had never been in this newer store or any Tractor Supply so decided to stop. Seemed like a small Fleet Farm without the lumber and cashews. Short visit, and back on the bike.


 The fall temps along with bright sunshine makes for a magical ride. The roads I spent the most time on are just connections of remote areas that mean nothing. Not a lot of homes and not a lot of farms. Just trees, wildlife and wetlands.


 I even helped a turtle across the road. He didn't seem happy about it and hid in his shell. Odds are pretty good he would have made the other side way before another vehicle came along.


  The bike ran good out on the road but I noticed it idles differently. I have to wonder if the new compensator has anything to do with it.


 White roads, grey roads and black roads. A little mix of everything today. I had a good ride and I'm already looking forward to the leaves changing color and more fall rides.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment