Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Workshop Wednesday-Echo Service School

 This weeks edition of workshop Wednesday is a bit late. I have been down in Illinois attending an Echo service school. I've been to other brands service schools but this was a first for me with Echo. They seem to have a pretty good program and a very well thought out system for diagnosing problems with their small 2-cycle engines.
 We also took a plant tour. I was surprised to see it wasn't just an assembly line of overseas parts being put together here. They make all their own plastic parts here. They are also starting to make engine cases here too.
 All in all it was a decent mix of classroom theory and hands on training but I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting a class on engine failure analysis and ended up receiving training on troubleshooting techniques. When I got home I told my wife I was a bit pissy about it and also the fact that the brakes went out on my truck tonight. She decided to cheer me up by surprising me with an early birthday present. Last weekend we were at the Harbor Freight store just killing time while our daughter was auditioning at the University of Oshkosh. I stopped to fondle certain tools and I guess my wife was paying attention because she and my daughters picked out something I have had my eye on for a while.


  It's a 10 ton porta-power kit. I've wanted one for a long time but was never able to justify the purchase. It's not a tool I'll use everyday but will be very handy the times that I need it. Thanks to my wife and daughters for a great birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment