I pushed the machine from the shed to the garage where I could better work on it.
Nothing has been fixed in this garage in a long time. I was looking forward to some quiet wrenching.
Initially I was prepared to yank the engine and all of the associated bull that went along with that. After taking a closer look I discovered this was gonna be an easier job than I thought. I pulled the mower deck, one rear wheel and the crank pulley.
What I found was a huge mess except where the seal was leaking, That area was washed clean from all the oil flow.
Of all the gaskets, seals and o-rings I bought for this repair, I only used this crank seal. The old one came out too easily and the new one pressed in just about right. In a couple days I'll know if the repair was a success.
It really was a simple job and this is all the tools I needed. Now I feel the need to get into another project. I suppose I should get back into learning how to use that airbrush and get the sporty painted. I'll keep you posted.