This project started by painting the avocado green bath tub with a white colored epoxy kit. The results were good and followed up by a tub surround and a fancy schmancy shower panel. Don't let all those jets and gizmos fool you, plumbing was easy.
The next step was to remove the old floor tiles. I'd like to know what brand adhesive was used because forty five years later most of them were not letting loose. In fact most of them came off in multiple bits and even brought up the floor with them. This turned out to be the biggest pain in the ass part of the whole project but even though it sucked, there was some stress relief in the hours of swinging that hammer.
The sub floor went down with adhesive and nails. The seams were filled with some floor leveling crap. I forget the name. Hey, I don't do this stuff every day and know just enough to get by. My basic train of thought goes something like this: Will this work? If yes then will I be dead before anyone tears this up and sees what I've done? If yes then send it.
Plaster and paint was next and went pretty easy. My wife and I tag teamed the room with brushes and rollers. Everything was painted white, along with the existing trim.
We could have bought a bunch of new fixtures but decided to replace only one and refurbish the ceiling light/heater/fart sucker unit along with the medicine cabinet. I got to use my spray booth for these projects.
The old sink was kinda cool but not in such a way that we wanted to keep it in our bathroom. We wanted something clean and simple without the Little Mermaid theme.
There were some cracks and holes in the plaster we didn't want to deal with and my wife had the wonderful idea to put up some wainscoting panels on those two walls. Done.
Once the floor was down I installed the vanity. Actually this is where the project stands right now. I will stop at the hardware store after work and pick up the needed water hookups.
After the vanity is complete I will do the base board trim. There is a vent pipe that protrudes into the room. You can see it in the above pic just to the left of the vanity. I think I can hide it but want to do the work before the shitter goes in.
As you can see there are still a few details to be handled including corner molding, switch plates and painting/hanging the doors. I have a two week deadline and shouldn't have any problem meeting it.