Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Search Is On

 I still don't know what my used car budget will be when a profit sharing investment matures later this week but that hasn't stopped me from poking around at whats available out there. I've looked at hundreds of vehicles online and have cruised most used car lots in a fifty mile radius. Those vehicles range from pickemups, big ass suv's and some regular size suv's. To this day I've only test drove one.


 I don't know why this is the only pic I took of it or even why I took it. There are plenty of pics online. This one is a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 v8. It fits all the basic requirements of what I'm looking for and did fine on a test drive. I guess because its the only vehicle I've test driven that its currently my top choice.
 I saw this window sticker yesterday. Yikes. I don't think my house is worth that much. Certainly out of budget but a nice looking truck.


 So the search continues. Theres a v10 powered f250 I want to take a closer look at and also a Yukon. I wonder if I'll find something I really want or if I'll just settled for a fair deal. Either way, the search is fun.


Later.

2 comments:

  1. When I went from the pick-up to the SUV the only thing that has been a Pain in the a$$ is when I want to get a couple of 2x4s with the hatch they don't fit inside and I'm not tall enough to reach the roof rack without a ladder. So hook up the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, the few times I do that I guess won't be as easy if I go suv. Saw a 2010 half ton ford today that would be in the budget. Not a great trim package but no rust.

    ReplyDelete