Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Workin For Tips

  So the other day I was asked to drop everything and work on a piece of equipment for a customer. Thats fine, I mean we're not swamped this time of year and helping customers is what we do. From what I was told I had a pretty good idea what needed to be done and how long it would take. I told the customer I needed fifteen minutes and he said that would be fine and he would run down town and grab some lunch. When he got back I was outside testing the machine and he walked up, saw it was running properly and thanked me. Then he gave me a tip. This is what he gave me.



  It doesn't matter what he gave me because the point is that he appreciated me helping him out. On the other end of the scale are two different customers from last week. Both of them came storming in bitching about how this is the third time they have been back for the same problem. Last Saturday I was at the shop on my own time working on my toolbox. The boss carries back a saw and tells me the customer is complaining the saw is back a third time for the same problem. "Oh really? I call bullshit. Did you pull the work order history to confirm this?" I told him anytime a customer storms in making wild claims about my work it always turns out they are full of shit. About ten minutes later he came back and said I was right. The previous visits had nothing to do with the current problem. In fact the first time we fixed the saw was after another dealer had it for a month and couldn't figure out the problem. The other situation was similar where the previous visits had nothing to do with the current situation. I mean do you blame the auto repair shop because a headlight burnt out just days after an oil change?

 Anyway, I never had anyone give me a fishing lure as a tip before. He didn't owe me anything and I don't work for tips so its all good. I suspect he got it for nothing and didn't want it so passed it along. Maybe the next time I hear a good fish story I'll pass it on as well.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment