Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Whats In The Box?

  A better title for this post might be "My wife is awesome!" Yep, I've got a birthday coming up and she knew I was struggling with my computer to edit videos. Basically she sent me out of the house last night to investigate a computer purchase and I went to a small independent shop I had heard of. They had what I wanted and it fit into the generous budget she offered. Thanks Honey!

 


 Not a very flattering pic but thats all you get till I have it set up. It got late and setup won't happen till after work today so deal with it. Imagine a black box with a clear side cover and a few LEDs. Yep,  they all look pretty much the same.

 For you nerdy types I'll provide some specs. It has a Ryzen 5 3600 6 core, 12 thread cpu sitting in a MSI B550 Pro wifi motherboard. The graphics card isn't over the top but will work great for what I want to do. Its a MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Mech 4gb. Two 8 gig sticks of DDR4 3600MHz Ram fill two of the four slots so upgrading would be very easy. The hard drive is a Western Digital 500 GB NVMe solid state drive and there is a second 2 TB hard drive that I'll use for video storage.

 If all that sounded like gibberish thats fine. I'll break it down for you. You know when you watch a video and the frames freeze momentarily or you get the spinny wheel of death? Well when you have those issues constantly during editing it makes video editing very difficult if not impossible. On my old laptop that happens a lot. This computer should be just the right combination of parts to avoid those annoyances. I'll let you know next week if thats the case. Thanks again Honey!

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment