Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Workshop Wednesday-Toolbox Hutch

 I told you about a toolbox hutch I'm gonna make for the top of my new roller cabinet. I had some time to kill the other night after work so I threw together a shell of what I think I want.


 Odd thing about this project is that I'm doing it without any real goals except to just do it. That means I'm just diving in head first and later after its done I'll wish I had thought it out better. Oh well, it beats sitting in the bar and getting all bent out of shape.


 I have this thing on wheels. I'm not sure what it is but when I got it years ago it was free and I decided I needed it. Hoarder syndrome don't cha know. My best guess is some type of file cabinet but it could be a feminine hygiene product storage container as far as I know. The point is that I'm gonna bastardize the thing and harvest that aluminum roll-up style door on the top. That door will be used as the front of my hutch.
 While surfing Amazon last week I found some under cabinet led lighting that I think will work great inside this hutch. I turned them on yesterday just to see how bright they were. It turns out these things have a remote control with variable brightness and some flashing and strobe features. For the life of me I can't figure out why you'd want a strobe light under a kitchen cabinet but maybe I'm just getting old.
 Updates as they become available.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment