Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Big Knife and a Beer

 When we bought this house like twentyish years ago I did a little landscaping in the yard. Nothing fancy, just mulch beds and some paver edging. Right now everything looks like that was the last time I touched it and this year I feel I want to clean it up a bit. It'll be kinda like putting lipstick on a pig because there are a lot of other things going on that need attention, but as you'll find out in future posts, I have a bigger plan.


 One task that needed tending to was edging the sidewalks and drive. I brought home a stick edger from work but what I really needed was a larger walk behind unit because of the depth of the sod hanging over the walks. In the end I just used a big ass knife and kept things lubed with a few cool ones. In the end I still had ten fingers and ten toes so everything turned out alright I guess.


 I'll need to get the pressure washer out and clean the walk and porch. I also need to bring the rig home from work and spray the lawn. Ya know, besides being the two stroke tech at work, I also run a crew that does this crap every day. My yard really should look better than it does.

I received a gift from a friend the other day. All it needs are a few squirts of oil and it'll be ready for service.


 Thanks Chris! I'll give it a good home.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. There's an old saying that comes to mind about the cobbler's children being the only ones barefoot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know the saying. Its a small enough yard that I really have no excuse for not fixing it.

    ReplyDelete