Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Spring is Certainly Here Now

 The calendar said spring but the snow on the ground said winter, but no more. In two weeks we warmed right up and just the other night I rode home from work in 79 degree temps. Some rain may be on the way but these temps are sure easy to take.
 The sporty sits in the garage now. I rolled it out of its winter hibernating spot which was my enclosed trailer. The Flex-Seal I sprayed on the roof seams seems to have done its job. (you like what I did there? Sometimes I write these the night before after tipping back a few cool ones.) No signs of leaks this spring.



 You already know the bike is getting paint so I won't dwell on that. Other changes may or may not include a new headlight, different front turn signals and possibly ape hangers. I've been on a few bikes with apes and I guess they're all right for short runs. I think I'd like to give em a try. Besides, the bike will look much better with that style bar on it.
 In other news, the BMW had a weird sound/vibe coming from the front end. After the whole ordeal with needing a new front differential, you can imagine how excited we get anytime there's a new noise. The car has budget tires on it that the dealer hung on there and I wondered if one of them was the culprit. I decided to swap the front tire to the rear and see if the sound moved. I own one floor jack so the plan was to jack and then block the rear, then move the jack to the front. To my surprise the front tire came off the ground while jacking from the rear factory lift position. This made the job a lot easier.


  After the swap a test ride proved the theory of a bad tire as opposed to a wheel bearing, cv shaft, etc., although the front end may indeed need to be aligned. I'll throw that tire on the balancer at work and see if its out of whack.
 And finally, an update on the Subaru. After the timing belt disaster that bent all 16 valves while blasting down I94, the car has been running fine. I've been using it daily although that will taper off now that biking weather has arrived.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment