Sunday, January 26, 2020

There Is Still Hope

 In todays video you will see a "double bullshit" rant about the way some dick heads park their cars while we are trying to plow a parking lot. I had pretty much given up hope for mankind and was just about to declare war on parking lot stupidity but then something amazing happened. After I made this video I was plowing a lot and a guy walked out of the building, moved his vehicle to a plowed stall, and went back inside. This almost never happens and I can't think of the last time it did. This act of decency has renewed my hope for the future of mankind but remember, it only takes one dick head to get me in a pissy mood. Don't be a dick.
 I like plowing snow but this last seven days has been murder on my schedule. Most but not all of those days have been early morning starts and that really screws me up, leaving almost no ambition to take on projects. Check it out.


Later.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Scott,
    I get where you're coming from with the parking lot foolishness and I'm not a dickhead. I'm an early bird, the first one in that (normally) quietly turns off the alarm and arrive when the guys are busy scraping the lot clean. I could be a dickhead but know better....how could anyone not?? Not only do I want to avoid getting backed into, a minute here or there while accommodating what's obviously being taken care of costs nothing. We Parkee's benefit by having the lot completely clean rather than a big Drive Around pile that you professionals had to leave. Simply unfathomable that drivers can't pick up on what you're trying to do.

    I really like your HF storage rack idea. I get what you're trying to do with the lockers and can imagine it..agree that the concept needs more conceptualizing.

    Stay warm and get your rest; my struggle now is keeping our remote location cleaned out for the contractors while not living there. Great potential for parking on the road and walking in...to the plowtruck.

    Haven't seen your shop updates but will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'm quick to rant about people that have their head up their ass but there is still a small percentage of people like you that get it.
      I'm going to HF to pick up more storage cases tomorrow. Gotta build a rack for home use.

      Delete
  2. I think people these days are so self-absorbed, they are unable to even consider others. Turn signals are only for the benefit of other drivers and no benefit to self. So why bother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem to be getting worse although this evening my wife and I were walking out of a public building when a pair of hoodlum looking dudes got to the door (from the other side) before us. They held the door and were perfect gentleman. Its sad that their act of decency was shocking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had first impressions shattered like that several times recently. We are so programmed by TV, movies, etc., that our initial reaction is to be suspicious. Sad really.

      Delete