Sunday, May 24, 2020

Helmet Cam and Audio Testing

 I have this vision of riding around on my bike and narrating video. It would combine a bike ride and my commitment here to post a weekly video. The only way I'd do that is if I can get some decent audio because too much wind noise on a bike ride video just sucks. Being a gearhead on a budget means I'm first gonna try using whatever crap I have laying around and for this video the mic is an old pc mic I found in a box of cables. I think its probably acceptable audio but for this first video I had the camera aimed too low. I've since corrected that and future bike ride vids will give you basically the same view I have.
 If you've got a better way to spend the next eleven minutes then I suggest you do that because this one sucks. I just tried to present different scenarios to test the audio. Seriously, eleven minutes in a dentists chair would be more fun than this video. The reason I'm posting it is because I don't want to pretend I'm something I'm not. This is what I was up to so this is what you get. 


Later.

3 comments:

  1. Watched the whole thing. Sound was better than I expected. I may watch another one should you make another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching. I made another but shit canned it due to poor quality. In an attempt to get better sound I got worse. I'll keep working on it and post another for sure.

      Delete
  2. What works for me, is using a mic inside my helmet, attached to a separate recorder, instead of recording directly to the GoPro. During editing, I edit/synch the sound to the video.

    ReplyDelete