Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The Future Of This Blog

  I've been posting this blog for an octad of years now. Every so often I start to evaluate whether or not I want to continue this babble I call The Greasy Shop Rag and right now is one of those times. For a long time I've made two posts a week and then I started the Youtube channel which now consumes one of those posts. I enjoy making those Youtube videos. Some are better than others and none will ever share the spotlight with Spielberg or Tarantino but thats not the point for me. I like making them, period. I used to say the same thing about this blog but lately it has become a chore and thats not a good thing. The "chore" is coming up with content. If I had anything at all interesting to say I'd peck away at the keyboard every day. Its been suggested I take a break, if just for a week. I won't do that at least not on purpose. Long ago I told myself if I was gonna do this I'd be consistent. If you notice that I miss an episode then its because something happened. Please call a lawyer, doctor or fireman cuz I'm in trouble.

 I'm a quiet person despite what my jagoff coworkers will say about it. Making this blog has helped me express myself and maybe help me be less of a grumpy effer. Shutup jagoff coworkers. Making Youtube videos forces that issue even further. The problem with Youtube videos is you still need to come up with content. I can see myself years down the road saying "I used to like making Youtube vids but lately I have nothing to say". 

 So what does all of this babble mean for this blog? Well, nothing. I'll continue to come up with something to talk about even if its just "filler" material like this post. To further complicate things and challenge myself even more, I've been giving some thought to posting two Youtube vids a week. Maybe not every week but with the addition of my "over the bench" videos it might be easy to sneak in a second video some weeks. "Some weeks" because putting out those videos is time consuming. Sure the "over the bench" vids are no effort to record but a nightmare to edit, plus I have to dub audio over the top of them once the video is structured. On top of that I'm teaching myself how to use new editing software. Yippy! My other videos are more of a one or two take kind of effort with less editing and I'm wondering if I can sneak one of those in when I'm up for it.

 So there you have it, the future of this blog as I see it. Thanks for following.

Later.

4 comments:

  1. I look for this Blog every Wednesday and your video's Saturday evenings. Maybe it's because I have No life but I prefer to think it's a way to keep in touch with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan, Thats cool. I'm looking forward to catching up this August.

      Delete
  2. I also look forward to the blog posts as well as the YouTube videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no way of knowing this but if you look at my list of blogs I follow, yours is the only one I click on rain or shine. I really like the variety.

    ReplyDelete