Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Hot Hot Hot

  Ya its hot. I remember when I was a kid the summers always seemed really hot but as a kid it didn't really matter. I was doing kid stuff and if I got hot I found a way to cool off. As an adult working in a shop with the doors open and exposed to the full humidity of Wisconsins summer heat, it bothers me a bit. Theres a Shrek joke going around the shop. It has something to do with which swamp hes in or which swamp is in his pants. To make things worse, the showroom is air conditioned and there is a twentyish degree difference in temperature. The windows on the double doors separating the rooms is covered in fog that reminds us how well the other half lives.

 Paperwork is a problem. Work orders that were once a crisp dry sheet are now more like a used napkin. That makes them difficult to write on.


 The floor in my work area has become a bit like a skating rink. There is water covering the entire floor and mixed with normal shop grease it is quite slippery. I suppose I should take a few minutes to oil down some of my tools because this is the time of year when they can rust. 

Still, I'll take this heat over the cold every time.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment