Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Mike

 To know Mike is to know a man that prioritized church and family above all else. Mike worked hard to support the family and the farm but still found time for fun. Theres a time for each and he knew that. Strong work ethics came naturally and he set nothing but good examples. 

 If you needed something and he was able then he would help you. Thats the kind of man he was.

 I looked up to Mike. I always thought that if I ever heard Mike was up to no good then my world would turn upside down. I'm not saying he was a saint but I am saying I respected him and if he did something then that was probably the right thing to do. 

 The last time I saw Mike we were playing cornhole at a celebration of life for another family member that had passed. My last words to him were probably something like "good game" because he kicked my ass. Mike did play a good game, sadly it was cut short when a truck pulled out in front of his motorcycle.

 Times like this are tough on everyone. Not everybody handles these situations the same way. We all grieve in different ways. Be strong but take time to mourn.

RIP Mike. I'll miss you.

3 comments:

  1. Peace be with his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike will be missed. God speed. My sincere condolences to all of his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful tribute to my dad.

    ReplyDelete