Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Sturgis Bound

  If you know me or follow my blog then you know that late summer I've been taking a bike trip to the Smokey Mountains. Last year was cancelled because of the coof and a few days before departure this year we had to cancel due to severe weather that devastated the area with floods and mud slides. Basically the group just decided to each do our own thing and hope that we would be able to gather next year for our twentieth adventure together in the Smokey Mountains and on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

 I've never been to the Sturgis rally so together with some new friends and old, we decided to set our GPS to Sturgis and head out on an adventure. 

 We hadn't been on the bikes long so when the voice on the gps said we'd arrived I was skeptical. Still we rode around town looking for adventure. I'm not sure what the draw is to Sturgis because I wasn't seeing it. We decided to raise a little hell anyway but being the only four bikes in town made it easy for the local PD to catch up with us.


 We sat the first two nights of our vacations in jail waiting to appear in front of the judge. When he found out we thought we were in Sturgis SD and not Sturgis KY he couldn't believe we were so stupid and gave us a break. Just like I can't believer you're buying any of what I wrote after the first paragraph :-)

 The truth is we had a great time on the bikes that first day. Besides Sturgis one of our stops was Metropolis, home of Superman. See if you can pick him out in the photo.


  And a good time was had by all.


Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment