Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fly Like an Eagle

 I got a chance to mess around with the sissy bar over the weekend. I squirted some paint on it. Nothing hi-tech here, just a rattle can paint job.
While that was drying I took a look at my rear fender. It fell victim to my cut off wheel.
 After a coat of black paint and some clear I decided I would try out an idea I had.
I'm not done painting it yet. Can you see where I'm going here? Hey, if it looks like total crap I'll sand it down and squirt it black.


Uh, ya. I wish I had painting talent. I don't like sanding either so who knows how long it will stay on there. Maybe I can get one of my kids to do something with it.

 This seems like a good time to add a pic of some wood carving my father did a few years back. This piece has a 3 or 4 foot wing span. This is just one example of some really awesome work he does. A few more examples can be found here, here and here.





4 comments:

  1. I am dying to see the finished product. This bike is shaping up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but they're really never finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever ! wear the eagle for a while and see how you like it. I think i am more happy and envious for you that you can spend the "not workin for the man" time on something you are truly passionate about. Looking forward for more !

    ReplyDelete