Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Quick Ride On The Sporty

 Its O'darkthirty and I have to get out and plow snow so todays post may be a bit bland.

 Having skipped the 50 degree weather on Saturday left me wanting to ride so I decided to do it on Sunday. I also wanted to get some GoPro footage so I could school myself on that whole process. Its a good thing I'm practicing now because I made a lot of mistakes and had a few problems. This video isn't about picturesque riding, oh no. Its about my GoPro learning curve. I choose to share it cuz I don't really give a rats raw rump what anyone thinks about it, I just want to get better and I'm open to suggestions.
 One thing that went wrong right away was linking my phone to the camera. If I would have been able to accomplish that feat I would have been able to preview the video and prevented myself from filming everything upside down. The editing software allowed me to flip it but what a newbie mistake.
 Wind noise is something I'll have to work on too. If I would have had the camera on the other side of my helmet I'd still hear the wind but my drag pipes might have offset that a bit. Things may be much different on the Ultra with its windshield or the Rat with the muffler pointing at my helmet. I've seen riding video where they turn the camera on themselves for a bit and that makes things more interesting. I have enough different mounts that I can do this and I think I'll try it next time.
 GoPro provides free editing software but I dismissed it because I couldn't figure out if it was possible to add a lot of captions. I like captions so I chose something else that made adding captions easy. The program crashed about 5 times during the editing process and finally ate my entire project. Theres two hours I'll never get back. I ended up doing the basic editing on the GoPro software then using that video as the raw footage for Movie Maker and added my captions.
 All these problems and I still haven't addressed any of the available camera settings. Anyway, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment