Wednesday, October 11, 2017

3's

 Last Sunday I had planned to do some work around the house and shop. The temps were just a bit cool that morning but the sun was shining and the mercury was on the rise. You probably already figured out that I blew off the chores and went for a ride. And why shouldn't I? The season isn't gonna last forever and those nice days are gonna be few and far between. I'm kinda like a squirrel packing away nuts for the winter. I have got to get in enough miles to satisfy the urge till spring or I'll get a knot in my stomach jonesing for a ride. Anyway, along the way I noticed the odometer was gettin ready to pose for a pic so I pulled over and obliged.


 There'll be a few thousand more on it before I park it for the winter. That will average out to about 12,000 miles a year which has been the norm since I've been keeping track when I got a new Kawasaki Voyager back in 1999. This doesn't include Sportster or Rat Turd mileage so maybe the annual mileage is a bit higher. I know this doesn't do much for resale value but thats not why I buy the bikes. Its because of the wind in the hair, the handling and power to weight ratio, and being more exposed to the environment. Some days that whole "being exposed to the environment" thing really sucks but for whatever reason I wouldn't trade it. I have a hard time putting it in words but if you're reading this blog then theres a good chance you already know what I'm talking about. 
 Temps haven't dipped below freezing yet...see ya on the road.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment