Sunday, September 9, 2018

Crunch Time

 Yesterday I had heard the Chili Cook-Off was happening in Green Lake. I don't usually attend this event but it kinda kicks off a series of fall events, some of which I do attend. I woke up today thinking I had a free day to catch up on things around the house and maybe finally clean the garage but then it hit me. Two bike shows are coming up and I'm not prepared for them. The sportster was to have its new paint job, turn signals and headlight. It has none of that and is currently unrideable.


 The flyer basically says the bike show is next weekend and my dumb ass isn't ready. Because my reason for attending these shows is more about support and fun than winning something, I could just wash the Ultra and attend. That seems kinda lame. People want to see cool shit at these shows and the Rat Turd is about as stupid a bike as you'll see on the streets around here.


 That means I have to clean the garage so I have room to work on and store the Rat. The last time that bike ran was a year ago. It has a faulty charging system and I have just been putting a lawn mower battery in a saddlebag to run it. It also has a running issue possibly in the fuel delivery system and its in my living rook. Just getting it outside is an adventure. I better get started.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Weii that'd certainly be the most unique bike at most any show Just paint some flames on the tank and get'er going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike is ready. Went better than expected. Now the hardest part is getting someone at work to swap hours with me on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete