Sunday, May 26, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

 Many of us are on an extended weekend because of the Memorial Day holiday. Take a moment to remember the people that died while serving in the US armed forces.
 We don't normally fly a flag at work but this is one of the few times a year that we do.


 I worked Saturday but have today and tomorrow off. After work yesterday my wife and I went on a dinner date on the Ultra. That was our first bike ride of the year together. Actual seat time was about three hours and that was plenty long enough.
 Speaking of seat time, I think shopping for a new recliner is on the list for this weekend. I haven't let on to my wife yet that I'm secretly looking forward to that. Not sure why but any time I think about a recliner, I think about my Grandpa. Well actually I suppose I know why.  He was always sitting in his recliner and that was probably the first one I had ever seen. It was treated as his special chair and everyone respected that. I'm not trying to recreate that, I just like the memory.
 Part of my to-do list also includes working on that bathroom remodel. The next step is putting down the linoleum flooring. I've been struggling with this one in my head since the day we brought the roll home from the store. It won't fit up the spiral staircase and theres not enough room to lay it out and cut it up there. I'll have to cut it close to size and then haul it up there. If it goes anything like the rest of this "measure it twice and cut it three times" project went then I'm screwed.


  I gotta wrap this up. I slept in for the first time in a long time. I didn't really enjoy it and just feel guilty for pissing away a few hours of the day. Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!

Later.



1 comment:

  1. I was visiting Arlington Cemetery 2 years ago when I noticed a soldier's burial. I read somewhere that there are between 25 and 30 funerals every week at Arlington. Really sad.

    ReplyDelete