Sunday, May 12, 2019

Automower Display

 I've talked about my Husqvarna Automower and how we sell them at work. The things are awesome the way they do the bullshit work of cutting the lawn. Thats funny to write because I've been involved in cutting other peoples lawns for decades. Its not that I'm burnt out or lazy, I think its the techy aspect of the robotic mower that I like.
 My boss likes them too and we both believe these things are the next frontier in the outdoor power equipment industry and we want to be on the leading edge of that. We have an outdoor display near the front door and one that cuts the front yard. How do we put one indoors without taking up valuable floor space? The boss decided the answer was to hang one from the ceiling. My involvement has been limited to bouncing ideas back and forth, making the support rods, and wiring once the display was in place. Hell, someone had to take the pics, might as well be the guy with the bad back.
 The first step was discussing our needs with a glass expert. I think they said this eight foot by six foot piece was close to four hundred pounds in weight.


  They framed it out to create an area the mower could bounce around in without falling to the ground.


 Above I'm just testing a couple of demo modes to see what might be the best way to display this thing. We also decided that the lugs needed to come off the tires so the mower would be smooth and quiet while rolling around up there. The belt sander made quick work of that. Below the crew wheeled the assembled display into the showroom and then lifted it onto a scissors lift. We're in the five, six maybe seven hundred pound range, I ran the camera.



  From here the support rods were attached and the whole works was lifted into the ceiling.


 Terrible glare in the above pic but the next pic shows a mower sitting in its charging station. This underside view of the machine will help us explain a lot of the features and show how these things work. A boundary wire will be added to the bottom of the glass but I'm still waiting on parts for that.


 Keeping it clean may prove to be a challenge. Well see, but I think it will be worth the effort. As you can see below there isn't much room in the showroom to go anywhere else but vertical.


 We've got three more installs scheduled for this week. Just one more iron in the fire as they say.

 I miss my Mom and wish she was here to wish her a happy mothers day. What I do have is a very special person in my life, my lovely wife. Honey I want to thank you for being such a great mother to our children. You're my favorite.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I am always afraid of things hanging by the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think I feel? I did the welding!

    ReplyDelete