Wednesday, May 22, 2019

LED DIY

 Got my ass in gear and putzed with the sportster last night.


 I bought a cheap led headlight for it because the last one was destroyed by the bikes vibration. The shell was cracked so I used this as a good excuse to "upgrade" to a LED light. I doubt this light is gonna do much for illuminating the road but I'm pretty sure it will be better than the 5" bulb that was in there.

 I have a comfortable place to work on this chilly evening because the bike hasn't left its hibernating spot in the living room.


 All winter I have been thinking about the paint scheme for this bike and just now I realize the front fender needs paint. Its not on the bike and I don't think I painted it this winter. I should look for it. If I can't find it I suppose I could just wheelie through any puddles. Don't need a fender if the tires not turning!


 I also added some LED turn signals that will now match the style on the back of the bike. All the lighting is now LED and that should save a few electrons for cranking over the big bore high compression sportster engine.
 With the big weekend coming up I need to find time to move the bike out of the house. If I don't I'm afraid my wife may push it out. Shes been a good sport about bikes inside and I don't want to abuse that understanding. Besides, I want to ride the damn thing.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment