Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Writing On The Walls

 I've been putzing in the garage a couple hours a night for the last few days just picking away at my garage transformation. There sure is a lot of little crap that needs to happen and one of those things was slapping a coat of paint on the existing insulated wall that separates an already heated stall from the other two I'm working on. That wall has been there at least 50 years and was a good place to make a few notes about garage activities.


 Oil change records were scribbled here. My wife ordered a dry erase board that I plan to use moving forward.


 I think these were the air pressure settings for my Aprilia.


 The last owner scribbled on the walls too.


 I'm guessing the above pic is notes for an ignition switch.


 None of it matters because its all gone now. A coat of black paint insured that. A coat of grey was slung at the door and trim. The 4 x 8 sheet on the saw bucks is my new tool board and will hang in the void on the pictured wall. It was either a tool board or a Jimi Hendrix black light poster. The tools won but black light posters would be cool, or at least I thought they were cool when I was a kid. Anyway, laying out how I want tools hung on that board is a task I'm thinking will suck to get just right but maybe I'm just over thinking the whole thing. I'll use wood screws as hooks to hang up whatever tools are homeless and change it as needed. 
 I started to lower the two speakers from the rafters and mount them on the newly painted walls. It then occurred to me I had an entire surround sound system stored in the basement so those speakers are now hanging in the garage. I'm waiting on some speaker wire I ordered to finish with the jams.
 The to-do list still includes hanging a whole bunch of other crap on the walls, lowering the garage door openers, venting the attic, ducting the furnace, insulating and paneling the ceiling and prep/paint the floor. Other projects include shelving, cabinets, tool storage solutions and cleaning out that parts room. 
 What started out as replacing two garage doors has turned into a big project. I should have seen the writing on the walls.

Later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment