Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Photo Dump And Other Pieces Of Crap

  Well my two day vacation was bundled with a weekend so I had four great weather days off. I mostly did stuff around the house like pressure washing the whole house, cleaning some windows, painting the garage and installing a door. I did get a little riding time in and I have no regrets. This stuff all needs to be done and 2020 is already a bust so why not now. 

 Enough about DIY stuff, lets just do a photo dump of some pics taking up valuable memory in my phone. 


 One of the guys at the shop got a Mohawk hair cut and I used this pic to compare his look to our friends here. 

 I have a pretty decent collection of hand tools but I couldn't find a driver for the top screw.

 This is from this years calendar. I didn't noticed any of the highlighted dates till the end of the month when I was ready to flip the page.

 I like to keep accurate notes for the customers so there is no confusion as to the state of their equipment.

File 13 bound.

 This carburetor pump diaphragm came from the factory installed like this. You don't need to be a mechanic to know its more crooked than a politician. The funny thing is that it ran for weeks before the customer brought it to us complaining of lack of throttle response.


  I've been seeing a lot of these crappy little engines lately. A store was having a sale on them and of course they can't do warranty work but we can so I get to deal with them. In the pic above this plastic piece warps and creates an air leak that eventually ruins the engine. Two pics up a bolt was over torqued and broke, resulting in a bitched engine as well.

This pic may have made an appearance here once before but its worth showing again.

 And finally, an everyday classic. The complaint was that this piece of crap we sold them starts fine when cold but is very hard to start warm. Its funny how its always the fault of the equipment and not the operator. Somewhere under all that fuzzy looking debris is an air filter. I wonder if they've ever even looked at it before? When I showed it to the guy, (and this is the response from over 50% of the people) "Oh, I borrowed it to so and so and he must not have cleaned it". Now I understand that belittling a customer, even a dickhead customer, isn't the right thing to do. Is it ok to draw an "L" on the inside of my mask with my tongue while some loser is blaming his neighbor for his own shortcomings?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. At least it had a air filter....That must be a zama carb, never seem a walbro come out of the factory like that.......Chinesium hardware, I have a small collection of that kind of stuff. Anyway, I was doing some research on the HF service cart and came across your U tube channel. I love your side cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. An update on that side cabinet is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete