Sunday, August 9, 2020

What Day Is It? Sunday Late Edition

  I've been pretty good about posting at regular times on Wednesdays and Sundays. Today not so much. I'm taking a few days off to paint my house and I have a lift here to make the job easier. Last time I painted my roof I used hook ladders. That sucked. Let me repeat, that really sucked and I was twenty years younger when I did that. This time I have a 55 foot lift at my disposal but its not for an unlimited time. Its a rental item from work and it needs to go back. Sure I'm paying to use it but not full rate and there is a guy that wants it Wednesday so theres not time for dickin around.


 Besides the roof, I'm scraping and painting the overhang and also using the lift to do the section of garage above the greenhouse. I'll probably use some vacation time to seal that drive in the above pic too. The only good news about this whole project is that I'll probably be too old and feeble to do this job the next time its needed, so I've got that going for me.

 As I type this sunday night it has begun to rain. I have the roof about 1/3 painted. Of that 1/3, 1/2 was done early in the day and it looks like its doing ok. The other half was done just a short time ago and looks like it might be a "do over". Grrrrr. The forecast for tomorrow isn't ideal either. Double Grrrrr.


Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment