Sunday, October 25, 2020

Fix It Or Forget It?

  Todays video is really a response to a question I was recently asked. "I found an abandoned chainsaw. Is it worth fixing"?


 My response is from the perspective of an average Joe looking for the answer. While doing the video it occurred to me that it might be interesting to do the same video from a dealer perspective. It sounds a little more interesting than the alternative which could have been a video on dust control on a truck mounted leaf collection box. What are you chuckling about...I'm serious. If you go back to September of last year you may remember a chipper box I built. The idea was it could easily be converted to a leaf collection box. What I didn't know was that the boss was gonna drag home a 100hp turbo diesel vac with a 36" impeller and 16" discharge tube. They might make a bigger one but not on this planet. I've already had to modify the roof vent to accommodate the huge air flow and now we also made a change to control dust. Huh, the more I talk about it the more I think it needs a video.

 Anyway, here's todays effort.



https://youtu.be/tf1yBC_PNg4

Later.

4 comments:

  1. Good video.
    And if you can't fix it yourself (i.e. have the knowledge, time, interest, and tools) forget it - shop costs will quickly exceed the 50% limit on anything but the most expensive saws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right. I used to be surprised how many people brought in really low cost equipment for repair. Nothing surprises me anymore.

      Delete
  2. great info. I learned from that. however a perfectly good shop rag was used to wipe stanky gas

    ReplyDelete