Monday, August 18, 2014

Random Thoughts

I have arrived safely in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. I'm sitting in a wooden rocking chair enjoying the sunshine. This morning's forecast showed two separate thunderstorm systems that I had to try to avoid. I was successful as I saw wet roads but no rain.
Here are a few random thoughts from the day. 
* If you've ever seen a pair of semi trailer tires on fire then you know it's quite an impressive site.
* If your minivan is shaking like the dickens then you should probably pull over and figure out why the wheel is loose. You know this isn't normal yet you keep on blasting down the interstate. I know she didn't make it far.
* I was going to limit the bathroom humor in this blog but this one has to be told. If the toilet is obviously plugged and there's a pile of crap in it already, don't add to the problem by dropping another duece on top of the mess. Judging by the size of that thing you've been walking around with it for over a week. Would it have killed you to wait 10 more minutes to find a working toilet?
* Why is it so many people in this country don't understand the concept of the fast lane?

* I'm riding without a radio so my thoughts wander. I'm glad that willy wonka song is no longer stuck in my head. I stayed in Paducah Kentucky yesterday. The song started out like this: oompaducah doopity doo, I've got another riddle for you...

I have to be careful or I will get that creepy oompa loompa song stuck in my head again.

No comments:

Post a Comment